Sunday, November 15, 2009

Flying on a String


About a year ago or so, I saw an ad for a video tutorial series called extreme photoshop. It was like putting wings on elephants and just crazy stuff that you see in Photoshop magazines. Well this was my attempt to put wings on a squire. I didn't really like the back ground the squire was on so I wanted to use a different shot. I found this shot in my collection of pictures and thought it would be sweet if I had him land on a spider web line. So I tried.

10/16/09 4:47pm f/14, 1/320, ISO 200
This shot was taken in Idaho Falls. There is a round about with this statue/fountain with 2 eagles and a bob cat or some sort of cat towards the bottom.

10/16/09 5:59pm f/7.1, 1/80 ISO 200
I took this close to the Idaho Falls Temple. There is a park that goes along the falls in front of the temple and as I was walking around I saw spider webs all around and thought to take this shot.

5/21/09 11:11am f/3.7, 1/350 ISO 340
This is a squire. Not too big of a deal but I thought it was a pretty great shot of a little rodent.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'd say extreme photoshop! This looks like a lot of a work but it turned out well. I like how well you blended wings to look realistic. You should post a link to where you got the idea.

Glen Turnbow said...

Very good job on both your edited and non-edited photolusions. They are very good. I like the edited version very much. I have only one problem with the non edited one.You can see the slide where if the kid's legs were that long you would be able to see them. I guess there is no problem if the kid is in two pieces. I think if the angle of the photo was different then it would fix that... if you want it fixed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is creepy, but well done, so congrats. You do a great job of pulling off three very different shots into one. The only thing that could of been slightly better is the angling of the wings after placing them, but that is very minor.

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

These are my favorite of the week. This is awesome! It is funny and just very interesting because it looks real at first and then I am like wait squirrels don't fly. Any way I love it.

Ben Headrick said...

I laughed when I saw the squirrel. It was a clever thought and a fun idea. You do a great job with your edits and it looks totally real