Monday, September 28, 2009

LandScape and Still life


Shine: 9-27-09 11:09a.m. / f/18, 1/800, ISO 800

Stick: 9-27-09 11:21 a.m. / f/16, 1/640, ISO 800

Teton: 9-27-09 6:56p.m. / f/18, 1/500 -2 ISO 800


Shine: I wasn't quite sure what to do for a still life but then as I was looking through my pictures I took this weekend in Yellowstone I saw this one and I remember the sign saying the color of these very slow moving streams come from millions of different organisms living there. That is why this is a still life.

Stick: Just like most shots taken during the middle of the day, the color gets washed out in the picture. Basically the color of the steamy part was a lot more rich in color. The stick caught my eye and I really wanted to get a cool shot.

Teton: We were driving through Teton National Park Sunday night on our way back to Rexburg from Yellowstone. The sun was going behind the mountains and I had to get a shot. there was a fire off to the right so there was a lot of haze, unfortunately. I pumped up the vibration and sats on this picture. I was trying to get a silhouette shot as the rays of light came across the top of the mountain.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors in all of these, and especially the second and third ones have great lines/composition. I think my favorite is the one of the sun coming up over the Tetons (or setting behind them? I guess it depends on what side you're on). Those are pretty colors with really cool light.

Anonymous said...

There are some great color saturation and lines in these pictures. The colors are so vivid in the teton picture. The first picture would make a great texture for text or grunge picture.

Karlee Jo Waddoups said...

Great Pictures! I loved the lines in the first one and it would make a great texture for a grunge. I like your grunge pictures too! They are very well done. Your Teton picture is amazing! If you are taking this class for 2 credits, you should totally frame that one! I love it.
Try tilting your camera. See if that makes the compositions of your pictures more interesting. It's kinda fun when the horizon line isn't exactly straight and sometimes it really adds. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great shots! The Teton picture is gorgeous. I love the rays of light. I also love the lines and color of the algae ripples. The framing of the shot is great, I love that the reflection lies on the intersection of the one third lines.

Krystal Ann said...

You did a good job this week. Yellowstone is such a great place to take photos. I absolutely love the Teton shot. The smokey look makes it even better. I think that you should try to do some different angles and maybe some macro shots. Other than that I think the pictures look great. I also loved your grunge buffalo shot, the combination of images was well done.