Sunday, September 20, 2009

What is it about the Green ones?




Rust a La Teal
: Sep. 17, 2009, 12:21 p.m. Parking lot right outside of the stadium
16 f/stop, 1/400, ISO 800

I was looking for just come cool texture. I walked by this rusty car and I found this by the door. At the time I was thinking about Halloween and the shadow cast looked like scary eyes to me. how cool.







Leaf Abstract: March 11, 2009, 4:43 p.m. BYU-I green house
5.6 f/stop, 1/50, ISO 800

This was part an a photography assignment last winter semester. I love this shop and have it up in my bathroom on a 18 by 22 print. It looks sweeter big. To me it looking like a bird or a bat spreading it's wings.







Baby Fingers: Sep. 16, 2009, 3:54 p.m. Sleeping on the Bed
5 f/stop, 1/50, ISO400

I was trying to think green and I walked in on my baby girl sleeping on my bed. I noticed that my bed spread was green but I wanted to do something a little more interesting then just a straight on shop of her sleeping. This picture is obviously influenced by the internet and artsy shot of people's kids. My wife loved it so now it's the cover shop for her scrap booking.








5 comments:

Glen Turnbow said...

I like all of your pictures here. That is in part because of the parts in focus and the parts that are blurred. I think that I like the photo of the rusting auto. when the photo was in a thumbnail size I could not tell what it was and it really grabbed my interest with how the brown seems to be swirling upward. I'm excited to see different kinds of perspective.

Stevie said...

I really enjoy your shots. You have a good variety with depth of field, angles, textures. There are all very interesting and nice to look at! Good job!

lindsey said...

I like the leading lines in the second shot. You could also adjust the levels a little bit in the Rust a La Teal shot. It will create more interesting colors that pop

cindy said...

Wow! I love all three of these shots, they really look great. I really can't think of any suggestions for improvement on these photos, I think they are all very well done. Maybe you could brighten the third one a little bit just to see a little more of the color/details, but I LOVE the depth of field in that one. The first one is brilliant, how creative! And the leaf is just beautiful. I think that is my favorite one. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the subjects you chose to focus on for you study of color. You captured something that I know I for one don't pay attention too. To see the depth and detail on the car was amazing - I think you captured that one really well. The baby blanket idea was really really unique and unusual but the angle and lighting were really good. And the leaf was amazing.