Monday, September 28, 2009

Grunge and Text


Straw: 9-27-09 6:30 p.m. / f/8, 1/320, ISO 800

Herd: 9-27-09 6:21p.m. / f/10, 1/800, ISO 800


The Herd was grazing around the Tetons. I got right up to the fence and took this shot. I cropped it to make it look like a panorama and I threw on some fade text and gave it a title. I then added the straw and flipped the duplicate to give it a circling around the herd.


Wood: 9-27-09 4:55p.m. / f/20, 1/800, ISO 800

bison: 9-28-09 3:29p.m. / f/20, 1/460, ISO 800

When I took the shot of the bison and looked at how over exposed the shot was I was for sure this was a wasted shot but as I took it into photoshop I brought the exposure far down and it came out pretty good. Thank you RAW file. The wood was down on Jenny lake in Teton National park. I had an idea that it was look cool with an overlay blend on the bison so I did. Then I gave it a fadeout boarder and threw on some text.



4 comments:

Caryn said...

Wow, Travis, I love your grunge texture over the bison and the herd shot. The circular pattern on the herd image is perfect for a nice framing effect. The wood also gives a retro poster look on the one large bison. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

These are great edits, but my favorite is the one of the single bison with the bark texture. It looks great, and the wood texture matches the "feel" of the bison photo. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Great work on the texture. The wood is a nice combination with the bison. Good job on the edits for the bison. You're right it is overexposed. It was a good call to adjust the levels.

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

The buffalo is so good. I like how you cut the border out in the shape of his body. And the grunge is not too much. I like it a lot, it could be a postcard! I love the other buffalo one too and there are good lines with the mountains in that picture. And the straw looks good, the only thing I might do is put it even more off centered. You did really good!