Sunday, October 4, 2009

Flower and Fauna


Sierra the Dog: Oct. 4, 2009 9:24am f/4.5, 1/40, ISO 800

Corn in a row: Oct. 2, 2009 12.31pm f/13, 1/250 ISO 200

Berries on a Pole: Oct. 2, 2009 7:32 am f/4, 1/30, ISO 800

I love owning a Canon rebel XSI. That is all that I use to shoot with. Just about all my photos I take in RAW so I can maximize my editing ability. All these shots has some adjustments done do them. First is Sierra The Dog. I'm not very good at being clever with animal shots. It's very hard. I borrowed a wide angle lens and tried to do a distorted shot where the nose of the dog looks huge. I didn't pull it off as good as the pros do but I think I got something that I wanted. I played with the levels as well as the saturation on this. I then put a gaussian blur and masked out his face at 100% and his body and part of the chair at 50%-70%. I thought a vignette would bring you more into the picture.
My next shot is of the corn. I was walking on the side was between Broulims and Campus and there was a row of corn dying. There seemed to be two rows of them. The last one on the row was jutting out in the middle. I thought it would make a cool shot. I adjusted the levels and a little bit of the saturation as well. I put a "sprayed strokes" artistic effect on it then masked out the one stock of corn. I thought the back ground would look cooler like this.
My last shot was of the Berries on the pole. This was right at the cross walk at Broulims. Some one had tied these fake berries and leaves to make it more autumn like. I took this shot from above looking down. I did nothing but a slight levels adjustment. I thought this shot came out really nice.

1 comment:

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

My favorite is the berries on a pole. I like your depth of field on it and the angle. It has a good blur on it also. I like the blur on the dog picture and I like the colors. I like the filter on the wheat, because it looks like it doesn't have one until you start to look closer. The only thing I would try and do is not center all of your subjects. Good job!