Saturday, October 24, 2009

Edited Portraits


Ashley Shaum: 3/7/09 5:09pm, f/9, 1/100 ISO 200

Stacy Toone: 3/7/09 3:48pm f/6.3, 1/60 ISO 200

These were both taken last march for another portrait assignment. I followed the video tutorial for Stacy's picture. I think that looks really cool. I was playing around with some of the actions and I think this was a simple sepia action but then I calmed the sepia down. brought back the yellow coat to make it really jump and then blurred the whole picture. I masked out her face and neck so there is no blur there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like how you made the color in Ashley's jacket pop and how her face is angled away from the camera but her eyes are watching you. Stacy's picture is pretty cool too - I like how the right side of her face doesn't have any color.

Glen Turnbow said...

Your Stacy Toone photo turned out really well. I'm glad to see that somebody attempted that edit. great job! I would have liked to see the photo that you used to correct the color on the Ashley Shaum.

Leianne Shepherd said...

LOVE the Stacy Toone one. I tried to do that too, but mine did not work out as well as yours did. Very nice work.

cindy said...

Both of your edits look great. I love the muted colors in your pic of Ashley contrasted with the brightness of her yellow coat. The blur also gives it a nice effect. Your luminosity edit also turned out really cool. The only thing I don't like about that one is how dark and bold her name is versus the actual picture of her--when I try to look at the picture itself my eyes keep getting pulled back to her name.

Karlee Jo Waddoups said...

Wow I love the Stacy Toone picture! Her eyes really pop! The gradient is amazing. It turned out really great. I loved this tutorial. All of your portraits look awesome! You are a great photographer!