Saturday, October 24, 2009

Portriats


Historian in Library: 3/7/09 10:38am f/6.3, 1/60 ISO 800

Ashley Shaum (Old Craigos):3/7/09 5:05pm, f/10, 1/250 ISO 200

High school guy (Skate park):10/24/09 4:38pm f/8, 1/125 ISO 200

Nature park boy: 10.24/09 4:28pm f/8, 1/125 ISO 200

Scripture Study (Frisby Golf):10/24/09 4:41pm f/7.1, 1/80 ISO 200
These are my portraits I took with some slight photoshop like cropping and levels and saturation adjustment. I think I really like to take pictures of people in natural moments but it's hard to get there permission to do so and also still keep the authentic feel around them. I really tried to keep them relaxed as I talked to them. It's some hard stuff. Ashley and the Library guy modeled for me last march for another class. That was awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the natural expressions on your subjects faces and the real settings they're in.

Glen Turnbow said...

I love the Historian in the library. It makes him almost look like a mad scientist... but a librarian. They are all good... very good.

Leianne Shepherd said...

I like that you were able to capture the in the moment shots of each persons face. They look very natural. Very nice.

cindy said...

Nice work capturing bits and pieces of your subjects' personality! Having actually met that historian in the library, I feel like you captured him perfectly, it just fits him. The colors in your pic of Ashley work wonderfully together. I also love the lighting in your last one. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

I love the angles on Ashley and the Nature Park boy. Seem to play a lot on personality, whether theirs or yours (not sure how much direction was given with the photography). Great job though.