Monday, October 19, 2009

Night and Light


Pumpkin Face: 10/19 1:06am, f/11, 30 sec. ISO 200


Baby face: 10/19 1:21am, f/5, 57sec. ISO 200

Purplish: 10/18 8:12 pm, f/5.6, 8 sec. ISO 200

Reds: 10/18 8:11pm, f/5.6, 15 sec. ISO 200

This week my creative juices were not flowin' as usual. But I think for the lack of it I still produced something interesting too look at. The Pumpkin shots were really fun because all the light you see was painted on with my IPOD touch. I used blue, green and red light to paint in a pitch black room. I had some other shots that were just with white light but none of them came out that great. I also threw on some boarders. I felt that the Pumpkin Face would be great if there was just a subtle vignette around with a tanish orangish boarder. As for Baby face, I did a brush on effect that I really think came out great. My night shots were of a dying fire. As I exposed I moved the camera around to get cool effects. The Purplish shot was a total fluke. I dont' know how I got that color but all that is real color. I increased the saturation a little but I don't really know what it is. These were fun shots to take with the lack of genuine inspiration.

6 comments:

Breanna said...

My favorite is the first pumpkin one. Just the combination of the green light and the cool pumpkin and the light around it — it's a cool light shot but isn't completely centered on the idea of "painting with light." It's a really nice, artistic piece.I also really like your painted-on border. I know Sis. Esplin already said this, but the only suggestion I'd make would be to choose a different font on the Happy Halloween. But I like your shots; it's hard to tell you lacked inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love the second pumpkin shot. It almost looks as if it was painted instead of just lit by different colors. The shots of the fire turned out great! Really awesome job on these.

Anica said...

Even with a lack of inspiration, your shots are great. I love the pumpkin ones. The green and blue lighting from the i-pod is fantastic. I like how there are different shades of blue. I also really like the light casting a circle around the pumpkin in the first picture.

Glen Turnbow said...

your photos labeled Reds is my favorite out of these four. the lights in it are more focused considering the way you took the photos.
Good ideas with the pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Both of your pumpkin photos were amazing. Great use of lighting and color. Your light painting photos were really well done also.

Krystal Ann said...

I am still amazed that you painted those colors into the pumpkin shot. I seriously thought that was done in photoshop. I also like the colors in the "purplish" image and they way they blended together. Good job.