Sunday, September 20, 2009

Piece of Cake!





























This is a picture of my Baby's first birthday cake. It was the letters Mo Mo on it which are Japanese characters. That's was we call our daughter. I wanted to get fancy and try to make a reflection on the ground after I cut it out but after about an hour of playing around with it I realized that you have to have a straight shot of the object in order to do that other wise the reflection will not look natural. If you go to Youtube there are some really easy to follow tutorials on making reflections.

4 comments:

Stevie said...

Your cutout is fun! I like how you decided to put a different background and some text. It leaves the focus right on the subject.

cindy said...

Your cutout looks really nice. Cute birthday cake! :) I love the idea of putting a different color behind the object than just white, but the color background you chose is not my favorite with the colors in the cake--I just think a different color could have made the other colors stand out a little more.

Anonymous said...

Doing a birthday cake I thought was a really cute idea. Your cutout looks really good - the background and text is a good idea but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of having cut the actual background if you just replace it with another? The cutout image isn't as large as the original either - I think to enhance your image you could make them the same size or the cutout slighter larger so you can see the detail.

Glen Turnbow said...

I like what you did with this one because you took a cake that is not the ideal traditional cake. The candle is nice and big so the cake is great for the web. You did a good job at the cutout. I think that the wick and part of the candle gets lost with the color of the background but that is fine. There is only one thing that I would do to make it better. I would take the plate out of the picture because it is distracting and does not enhance the appeal of the cake. Other than that I feel you did great! You don't have to make the change because different people have different tastes.